With his retirement fight looming, former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has shown no interest in potential rematches against Vitor Belfort and Rashad Evans. And while he did consider a potential fight against Lyoto Machida, he is also entertaining a likely rubber match against fellow ex-champion Luke Rockhold.
On Monday’s episode of The MMA Hour, Rockhold revealed that this third fight is already “in discussion”. However, he plans to change things up a bit, this time around.
“Let’s make it a little more intriguing. Let’s bring it to 205,” Rockhold said (via MMA Fighting).
Rockhold had recently been candid about how he “tortures himself” to stay at 185 pounds, which made him think about moving up to light heavyweight. As for the third Bisping fight, he is leaving the decision up to the brash Brit, since he believes the UFC is already on board with the idea.
“Why don’t we do this thing in style? Let’s sign on the bottom line,” Rockhold said. “I know this is a fight the UFC is pursuing. So, we’ll see. We’ll see if Bisping can back up his mouth once again.
Last week, Bisping did mention that if he were to do another fight with Rockhold, he would be open for it to happen either at 185 or 205 pounds.
The first time the two men fought was in November 2014 in Sydney, Australia, where Rockhold won via second-round guillotine choke submission. Bisping returned the favor almost two years later at UFC 199 by scoring a first-round knockout to win the undisputed 185-pound title.