Welcome to the fifth episode of Flight to Fight: Thai Boxing in Thailand! Watch Bloody Elbow’s own Eddie Mercado, yours truly, travel around the globe to Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket, Thailand to train and fight.
In episode 1, I said my goodbyes back in the U.S. before hopping on the plane. In episode 2, I took the longest flight of my life before checking into Tiger Muay Thai. I got to training in episode 3, but really struggled to adapt to the climate of Phuket. Episode 4 involved me finally overcoming the hydration issue, thanks to UFC lightweight James Vick, which allowed me to start training like I wanted to.
In this installment, I take a short flight to Pattaya to visit TUF Season 6 veteran and one of the only Americans to ever win in the original Lumpinee stadium, Dorian Price. Viewers can come with me behind the scenes at one of the top Muay Thai promotion’s in existence to see how the fighters prepare and learn a little bit about how they get paid.
The audience will also find out why I’m always wearing Spartyka shirts in the series, and why it means so much to me. Towards the end of the video, Price links me up with a trainer named ‘Rambo’ at the MAX Muay Thai gym, and I get put through the ringer.
This video series is presented by OddsShark, and also made possible by Spartyka Nation, Tiger Muay Thai, Diego Bispo Academy and Harvey Grasse Muay Thai, as well as MASF Supplements, as well as others.
- Travel to Phuket, Thailand
- Train at Tiger Muay Thai
- See the sights & hear the sounds of Phuket
- Experience the Thai culture
- Compete in Muay Thai fight
- Spend New Years in Tokyo
- Travel back to the U.S.A.
- Catch a tiger by its toe
- Catch a fish
- Gamble on a fight
- Get bumped up to first class
- Fly in a friend
Run Big Buddha
- Compete in Muay Thai fight in Thailand
- Watch Floyd Mayweather compete
- I spend so much time covering combat sports that I feel like putting myself through a camp, and competing in an actual fight, will give me a better understanding of what living that life is like. Training is one thing, competing is another. What better place to Thai Box than Thailand?
- I want to show people that they don’t have to want to be a UFC champion to compete in combat sports. You can just be a regular dude, like me, and go to a place like Tiger Muay Thai, learn some skills, and live out your dream.
- I want to prove that excuses are lame and if you want something bad enough, then you owe it to yourself to go after it with gusto.
- I don’t want to be old and gray, sitting around wondering what if. I’d rather be old and gray watching the Flight to Fight video series with no regrets, reminiscing on my time in Thailand.
- Bruh, it’s Phuket, Thailand.
Why not? (Excuses):
How to watch:
- The shows will drop as soon as I can get them out and can be seen on BloodyElbow.com as well as BE’s Facebook account
- Viewers can also catch the action on my YouTube channel: Eddie Mercado. Don’t forget to like, subscribe, and turn on notifications!