The three people who were arrested Saturday night after UFC 229 are no longer facing legal trouble.
After a brawl burst out following Khabib Nurmagomedov’s title defense against Conor McGregor, UFC president Dana White said three members of Nurmagomedov’s had been arrested. Later, at the event’s post-fight press conference, White said police released the three people believed to be part of the Russian’s camp because McGregor opted not to press charges.
“Conor was one of the guys who was attacked,” White said. “Conor refused to press charges. The guys that they did have, they’ve released. There were three guys from Khabib’s team arrested — I think they were from Khabib’s team, I don’t know — and they were released because Conor didn’t want to press charges.”
It has yet to be confirmed who was initially arrested.
White said if the people who engaged in the brawl were UFC fighters, they will immediately be released from the promotion.
“The guys that jumped in will never fight here,” he said. “They’ll never fight here.”
At UFC 229, Nurmagomedov tapped out McGregor in the fourth round by rear-naked choke in a highly-anticipated lightweight title fight. Nurmagomedov dominated the majority of the fight, which resulted in his first successful title defense after winning the belt in April.
Immediately after the fight, Nurmagomedov jumped over the cage and attacked McGregor teammate Dillon Danis. Security separated them, but a brawl involving multiple teammates of “The Eagle” broke out in the Octagon, too. They seemingly punched McGregor just moments after his first MMA loss since March 2016.
UFC 229 took place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.