It's been over a year since former UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold last stepped foot inside the Octagon.
That could be about to change, however, as Rockhold told media outlet TMZ that he's training hard and 'looking for a good fight'.
“Ask Mousasi, that’s what they want. I like it,” Rockhold told TMZ (h/t Dan Hiergesell of MMA Mania). “It’s just a matter of…he’s a man of principle, so I give him some credit, he’s going to wait and see the best offer. Can’t fault a man for that, but I think that’s the fight that makes sense right now.”
“I’m training. I’ll be ready. Something happens to Yoel, Whittaker, I’ll be ready to fill in too.”
Rockhold also took a dig at current champ Bisping, mocking the Brit for not defending his belt against a worthy contender. Rockhold holds a submission win over 'The Count' from UFC Fight Night 55 but was knocked out in last year's championship rematch at The Forum in Inglewood, California.
“Is he gonna fight anybody in the division that’s worthwhile? I’m just gonna do my thing, I’m gonna fight when I have to fight. I’m looking for a fight. Of course I want a third fight with Michael.”
If Rockhold doesn't get booked against Mousasi, the UFC would be wise to keep him on tap for UFC 213. The blockbuster pay-per-view, which features Romero vs. Whittaker in the co-main event, takes place next month, July 8, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.