Conor McGregor already has a boxing license, but not in the state of Nevada.
'The Notorious' was granted a boxing license from the California State Athletic Commission last year but was unable to attain a license in Nevada due to his bottle-throwing fiasco with Nate Diaz at the UFC 202 pre-fight presser.
McGregor settled his issues with the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) in March, agreeing to pay a reduced fine of $25,000 and to serve 25 hours of community service.
With McGregor claiming that he's signed his part of the deal for a fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr., the Irishman has applied for a boxing license in Nevada, MMA Junkie's Steven Marrocco confirmed on Thursday. According to the NSAC, though, the UFC lightweight champion hasn't submitted all of the required documentation, including documented brain scans and blood tests to prove he's healthy.
Speaking on behalf of Nevada, NSAC executive director Bob Bennett told MMA Junkie that McGregor vs. Mayweather would make for a ‘great fight.'
“He’s a phenomenal athlete,” Bennett said of McGregor. “He’s arguably one of the best strikers from the UFC. He’s in great shape; he’s hardcore, he trains hard, fights hard.
“Mayweather is arguably one of the best fighters of all time because he doesn’t believe in getting hit. But let’s not forget Floyd (will be) 40, and Conor is 28, so it’d make for a great fight.”
Bloody Elbow will keep you updated on the latest developments.