Submission Radio returns for another week, featuring interviews with industry legends like Dave Meltzer (The Wrestling Observer) and Jeremy Botter (Whizzered). Also, Sean Sheehan (Severe MMA) gives technical analysis and helps preview UFC 211: Miocic vs. dos Santos 2. Discussion, previews, predictions - it’s all here!
As always, the video above features clickable annotations and timestamps, and below is a rundown of what to expect on the episode. We hope you enjoy the show!
MMA Fighting’s Dave Meltzer returns (at the 2:23 mark) to discuss:
- The visible changes in the UFC since WME-IMG have taken over
- The low PPV buys and TV ratings at the start of 2017
- How ESPN layoffs could affect the UFC's television rights worth and financial future
- How the UFC will try to combat the recent low ratings and how they’ll shape cards and future stars
- The possibility of having fewer PPV's in the future in favor of bigger TV cards
- GSP vs. Bisping’s November delay and how it was handled
- The speculation of Chuck Liddell potentially returning to fighting
- Nate Diaz's recent interview on The MMA Hour
- Just how much of a draw Nate is
- Fighter pay and the trouble with millionaires not wanting to fight
- What a loss to Mayweather would do for the UFC and Conor McGregor
- What UFC 211 could potentially draw, and more!
Sean Sheehan of Severe MMA returns to Submission Radio (at the 59:16 mark) to preview UFC 211 and break down fights such as:
- Stipe Miocic vs. Junior dos Santos 2
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Jessica Andrade
- Demian Maia vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodriguez
- Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pettis
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Dustin Poirier
- as well as give his predictions!
Jeremy Botter (Whizzered) stops by (at the 30:07 mark) to discuss a wide range of topics, including:
- The date for Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather supposedly being lost to GGG vs. Canelo
- What the current hold up is in the negotiations
- The current mess in the middleweight division
- If Anderson Silva is really off UFC 212 and if he'll really retire
- Why the UFC announced GSP/Bisping so early if it didn't have a date
- Why fighters preferred negotiating with Lorenzo Fertitta instead of Dana White
- Who Tyron Woodley is likely to fight next and where Nick Diaz fits into the equation
- The UFC paying alternate fighters to prepare for big fights, and more!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at @SubmissionAUS and interact with us, as we love chatting with you guys. You can also catch every episode of Submission Radio on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, and Soundcloud.