After some drama on the scales, Kevin Lee made weight in order to compete for the UFC interim lightweight title opposite Tony Ferguson. That is your main event tonight at UFC 216, a match which might determine moneyweight champ Conor McGregor’s next UFC opponent.
The co-main event sees UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson attempting to set a record for consecutive title defenses versus challenger Ray Borg. Will ‘Mighty Johnson’ eclipse Anderson Silva as the most dominant UFC champion ever? Or will Ray Borg spoil the party and pull out a shock win over the only 125lb champion in UFC history?
Before belts are being contended, the pay-per-view delivers an interesting heavyweight match-up between former UFC champion Fabricio Werdum and reigning social media champion Derrick Lewis. Rounding out the rest of the card is a lightweight tilt between Beneil Dariush and Evan Dunham and a women’s flyweight fight between UFC newcomers Kalindra Faria and Mara Romero Borella.
The prelim card is on FX tonight, beginning at 8PM EST. The headline prelim is a match-up of exciting prospects in the bantamweight division with Tom Duquesnoy taking on Cody Stamann. Also on the prelims is a lightweight bout between Lando Vannata and Bobby Green, a women’s strawweight fight between Pearl Gonzalez and Poliana Botelho, and a flyweight clash between Matt Schnell and Marco Beltran. Nik Lentz versus Will Brooks was supposed to happen here, but it was canceled due to medical concerns on the part of Lentz.
The early Fight Pass prelims start rolling at 6:15PM EST. There’s three fights on this card tonight, with heavyweights Mark Godbeer and Walt Harris competing in the featured prelim spot. Before them, flyweights John Moraga and Magomed Bibulatov do their thing, and Thales Leites takes on Brad Tavares at 185lbs.
Here's how you can watch all of tonight's action.
- The first fights of the night are available exclusively on UFC Fight Pass beginning at 6:15 PM ET/3:15 PM PT.
- The UFC 216 pay-per-view card can be purchased online through UFC.tv. It begins at 10:00PM ET/7:00PM PT.
- The pay-per-view can also be purchased and viewed on the UFC's official YouTube channel.
- The prelims will air on FX beginning at 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT. US viewers can find out how to FX here.
- Almost every major cable or satellite provider offers the PPV in either standard or high definitions. A list of carriers is available here.
- TV streaming services Roku, Apple TV, LG Smart Apps, Amazon FireTV, and Samsung Apps will carry the UFC Fight Pass prelim bouts (you need a UFC Fight Pass membership to view, though). Fight Pass can also be accessed with Xbox Live.
- The PPV is also available for purchase on Apple TV, Samsung Apps, Amazon FireTV, and LG Smart Apps, as well as Xbox Live and the PlayStation Store (through their dedicated gaming consoles).
- Sling TV subscribers can now order UFC PPVs. More details here.
- Those with Android or Apple devices can watch UFC 216 on apps available at the Google Play and iTunes stores.
- If you feel like going out, you can watch UFC 216 at the following bars and/or restaurants. If you do go out, don’t forget to tweet us picture @BloodyElbow of you and your crew enjoying the show!