This week’s Three Amigos Podcast takes a different path. Since it’s the first show of the new year, we’ve decided to break from the tradition of looking back over the 2016 year. Instead, we’ll be doing our best Mystic Mac impersonation by looking into our crystal ball to make predictions for 2017.
There are no guests or special segments for this particular episode. We’ll get back on track with those offerings next week. This is straight MMA news and predictions. I’ve included a list of the news discussed, as well as the topics we cover in our look ahead. We hope you enjoy the show.
- UFC 207 fallout
- Brock Lesnar USADA
- Grisham as UFC commentator?
- Khabib offering Ferguson 200k, Ali posing as Khabib
Staff Predictions/Standings for 2016
- Mookie – 195-105, 1 NC
- Steph – 183-117, 1 NC
- Iain – 178-122, 1 NC
- Will WME-IMG hit its financial goals?
- Will McGregor fight before summer?
- How many fighters will fail USADA tests?
- What fights do we want to see most?
- Who is the next big star?
- Do any celebs fight for the UFC in 2017?
- Will Rousey fight in 2017?
- Will Lesnar fight in 2017?
- Will Jon Jones fights in 2017, and at what weight class?
- Will the UFC and GSP agree to terms and GSP makes his return in 2017?
- Does any PPV break 1.5m buys?
- How many PPVs break 1m buys?
- Is Rizin still in business at the end of 2017?
- Is WSOF still in business at the end of 2017?
- How many A level (former champs) does Bellator sign from the UFC in 2017?
- Is Joe Rogan still with the UFC at the end of 2017?
- Is Dana White with the UFC at the end of 2017?
- Does CM Punk fight for the UFC in 2017?
- Does Chael Sonnen make a significant different to Bellator viewer numbers or PPV hopes?
- Does the UFC significantly increase or decrease roster size?
- Do we get any more weight classes? Should we?
- How many times does someone misunderstanding the new rules affect a fight in the UFC?
- Which UFC champions are still champ at the end of 2017?
You can check out the entire show here or via the embedded player below. Remember, if you're looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we're under the MMA Nation name. Follow our Twitter accounts: Stephie Haynes, Three Amigos Podcast, George Lockhart, Iain Kiddand Mookie Alexander or our Facebook fan page, Three Amigos Pod.