Submission Radio is back with another action-packed show, featuring interviews with UFC Flyweight champion, Demetrious Johnson and former UFC bantamweight champion, TJ Dillashaw. Also, Elias Cepeda (MixedMartialArts.com) joins the roundtable discussion to break down all things UFC 203 and CM Punk.
As always, the video above features clickable annotations and timestamps, and below is a rundown of what to expect on the episode. We hope you enjoy the show!
UFC Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson returns (at the 2:34 mark) to discuss:
- The Ultimate Fighter 24 and what he thinks of the concept
- How much input he had on the show's revised format
- How familiar he is with the flyweight fighters on the season and who he sees as a genuine threat
- How the champions from other organizations compare to the UFC's top 10
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Henry Cejudo and who he thinks wins out of the coaches
- The nearing super fight between himself and Dominick Cruz and when it will make sense
- Why the price tag is still two million dollars
- The direction that the sport of MMA is currently heading, where super fights and draws trump rankings
- How he initially felt about facing #6 Wilson Reis
- Breaking Anderson Silva's UC record for most title defences
- The new UFC owners and if he'd work in the entertainment industry, and more!
TJ Dillashaw returns to Submission Radio (at the 25:46 mark) to discuss:
- His current status as number one contender to the UFC bantamweight title
- Why he deserves the title shot more than Cody Garbrandt
- His thoughts on Garbrandt's recent success and KO streak
- Dominick Cruz picking easy fights instead of facing him again
- The sport of MMA moving into the WWE direction
- How his pay has suffered since losing the title
- If he's gotten a chance to meet with the new owners and discuss his contract
- John Dodson vs. John Lineker and if Dodson is close to a title shot
- His new tattoo and his future ink plans
- His new businesses and work outside of MMA, and more!
Elias Cepeda returns to the program (at the 49:53 mark) to discuss all things UFC 203: Miocic vs. Overeem, including CM Punk vs. Mickey Gall, why Punk was being lied to and given an unfair match up, what's next for CM Punk and if he should stay in the UFC, what a win in Cleveland does for Stipe's stock and who's next for the Croatian, Fabricio Werdum vs. Travis Browne and the controversy that ensued throughout the fight, as well as Edmond Tarverdyan clashing with Werdum post-fight, Urijah Faber vs. Jimmy Rivera, what the win does for Jimmy and what's next for Faber, Bethe Correia vs. Jessica Eye and if Eye still has a place on the UFC roster, Jessica Andrade vs. Joanne Calderwood, and much more!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at @SubmissionAUS and interact with us, as we love chatting with you guys. You can also catch every episode of Submission Radio on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn and Soundcloud.