The final week of April has kicked off with the MMA topic of discussion centered around -- you guessed it -- UFC featherweight champ Conor McGregor. "The Notorious" Irishman tweeted that he'd returned to UFC 200, despite Dana White's numerous public assertions that he's permanently pulled from the event.
Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 25, 2016
However, much like his "I'm retired" tweet from last week, this is evidently not true. Reports by MMAjunkie's John Morgan and MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani, both of whom indicated that nothing had changed over the past few days regarding Conor's status at UFC 200.
For good measure, UFC president Dana White told TMZ Sports that McGregor remains off the card.
"It's not true. We haven't talked to Conor or his manager since the press conference. I don't know why he would tweet that."
"All the media keeps asking me that. I feel like the scene in 'Step Brothers' when they ask if they can build the bunk beds. I don't know how many more times I can say the fight is off or how many more press conferences I can have saying the fight is off for people to believe it's off."
As for UFC 200, which is set for July 9th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, White told media during Friday's press conference that they're "working on" getting another title fight on the card, as well as a new opponent for Nate Diaz. This, of course, assumes that Diaz will accept a bout against anyone not named McGregor.