clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Dana White: 'We're working on' another title fight for UFC 200

New, 41 comments

UFC president Dana White says the organization is working on another title fight for the landmark UFC 200 event in July.

Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

With the cancellation of a welterweight rematch between Nate Diaz and UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor at UFC 200, the landmark card appears to be currently missing a 'big' fight that could serve as the main event. Although a card that includes Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes, Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar and Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne would usually be considered 'stacked,' but to many MMA junkies it doesn't feel like a UFC 200-esque card.

But that could all change, according to UFC president Dana White, who, at the UFC 200 press conference on Friday afternoon, revealed that another title fight could be added.

"We're working on it," White said, when asked if there will be another title fight added to UFC 200. "Today, we're here announcing what we have so far, UFC 200 is a work in progress. It's still three months away."

As far as what other title fight will be booked for UFC 200, nothing was confirmed. With that being said, UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and welterweight champion Robbie Lawler are the only UFC titleholders without fights booked (besides McGregor).

UFC 200 takes place live from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on July 9.