clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

UFC Zagreb results and video: Ngannou, Blachowicz pick up wins

Check out the results from the first four main card bouts at UFC Fight Night 86.

Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports

The first four fights of the UFC Fight Night 86 card are in the books, and only one was finished. That doesn't mean that the fights were bad though - two of the three decisions were quite entertaining, with the light heavyweight war being the highlight. Here's how it all went down.

Francis Ngannou defeated Curtis Blaydes by TKO (doctor stoppage), 5:00 of round 2

Ngannou showed off much-improved takedown defense in this one, and was able to get up quickly when he was put on the mat. He controlled the striking, wobbling Blaydes and dropping him in the first. By the middle of the second, Blaydes' right eye was a mess. At the end of the round, it was totally closed and the doctor stopped the fight (even though the referee didn't want to).

Here's how the fight ended:

Timothy Johnson defeated Marcin Tybura by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

This was not a pretty bout. Johnson was pushing the action for the first two rounds but was unable to connect with much. He still landed more than Tybura  though. Tybura got a takedown in round three, and landed a shot that closed up Johnson's eye, but it was too little too late and Johnson got the win.

Jan Blachowicz defeated Igor Pokrajac by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

This was a fun one for the first two rounds. Pokrajac had the hometown crowd behind him and landed a few big shots on the ground in the first. In the second, Blachowicz called him in and they brawled like hockey players for probably half the round. Both guys were hurt badly, and Pokrajac was cut. The third started out the same, but a crafty takedown by the Polish fighter helped him to secure the third, and the fight.

Here are some highlights:

Maryna Moroz defeated Cristina Stanciu by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Stanciu started strong with striking and looked for a guillotine, but Moroz escaped and worked from the top for the rest of the first round. The second and third saw a tired Stanciu hold her own, but Moroz had her in trouble with armbar attempts. In the end, Moroz took a wide decision.