Alexei Auld is back to grill Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking and myself with some PR stumpers from the world of combat sports.
Today's puzzlers include:
- You're the UFC. RDA just dropped out of your main event match with Conor McGregor. Is it better for business to risk Northcutting your Irish cash cow or do you keep Conor in cryo for a superfight?
- You're Bellator. Just when you thought you could breathe easier with a cardiac Kimbo KO victory, you had to issue a statement acknowledging Dada 5000 dropped from dehydration and renal failure. If Viacom commands you to continue chasing ratings with the Kimbo freakshow, how can you transition this unique, yet precarious Slice viewer spike into long term success for the Bellator brand?
- You're the UFC. With Joe Rogan and others blasting Bellator's ‘amateur hour' that led to Dada 5000's near death experience, are there lessons you can apply in your PR prep to protect and preserve Punk's promotional value?
- You're Ronda Rousey. You went on Ellen last week and claimed you were still undefeated (after redefining the word), pondered your worth in defeat, and immediately lost the sympathy summoned from acknowledging suicidal thoughts by admitting your salvation was to be found by BWB: Breeding with Browne. Time to whip out new t-shirts or is your DNB branding still intact?
- CURVEBALL (KEEPING IT UNDER WRAPS)
- TEACHABLE MOMENT: You're Bernie Sanders. Ain't life unkind? It was fun while it lasted, but Hillary Clinton is poised for a comeback as a result of multiple hit pieces attacking your economic plan, party elites rallying the troops, and despite earlier hiccups, signs that the DNC political machine is back up and running as planned. How can you, with your heart beating and your eyeglasses shining, keep your dream of a presidency lying with you on a Super Tuesday morning?
- VIEWER QUESTION FROM OMAR: You're Sony records, your star Kesha accused your star producer Dr. Luke of raping her when she was 18. Kesha recently sued to get out of contract and the judge denied her claims. Now you're stuck with an angry mob of fans wanting you to release her from her contract. With one of the few stars that can sell records what do you do?
- EUGENE'S LOST BATTALION/PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH
Be sure to subscribe to MMA Nation on YouTube, follow us on iTunes and look for the audio-only version on Soundcloud.