Anderson Silva says he has done nothing wrong. The former UFC middleweight champion failed a few drug tests before and after a 2015 fight with Nick Diaz, and will return from suspension when he faces Michael Bisping in London later this month. To promote the fight, Silva did a media scrum where Ed Soares helped him with translations. Silva spent the entire 16 minutes bothering Soares, but did offer some interesting tidbits along the way as well.
Perhaps the biggest thing is that Silva still claims he has never taken any PEDs. A comical meeting with the Nevada Athletic Commission led to his suspension, but he says that he was telling the truth:
"The past is the past. I don't want to get too much into that, but at the end of the day I wanted everyone to know I'm not a liar. Unfortunately it didn't come off that way, but I've always told the truth. I've never used any sort of PEDs of any sort, and I'm excited to get back in there to fight, and who knows, even fight for a title."
Here are some other things he discussed in the talk (video via MMA Fighting):
- He responds to Bisping's comments that he's always been a cheater
- He talks about how much longer he can continue fighting (he thinks three years), and why he continues to despite his family being against it
- His opinions on Luke Rockhold and Chris Weidman
- Fighting with a gray beard
- His thoughts on Rafael dos Anjos vs. Conor McGregor
- He shares his admiration for Royce Gracie, jiu jitsu, and luta livre
There's also a lot more. In addition to that, it's 16 minutes of Silva trolling Ed Soares, which is always fun. Check it out.