Alexander Emelianenko was released from prison on November 24 after a prosecutor appeal to keep him in prison was denied. As a result, the convicted rapist will walk free on parole after serving less than two years of his 4 1⁄2 year sentence.
Reports confirmed that the younger brother of MMA legend Fedor Emelianenko was released from prison three years early for “good behavior” and will instead be forced to complete “two years and 23 days of correctional labor with a 10% deduction of the convict’s salary going to the state.”
Emelianenko was convicted of sexual assault, "kidnapping" by withholding a passport, and the forced use of "narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances" on 27-year-old Polina Stepanova. Emelianenko stole his substitute housekeeper's passport from her purse while she was cleaning the house and extorted her for sexual favours, while forcing her to consume narcotics. The fighter pleaded not guilty to all the charges levied against him and claimed that all dealings with the victim were "consensual."He was convicted for rape and kidnapping in 2015.
Given his newfound freedom, MMA promotion’s have already jumped at the opportunity to capitalize on the Emelianenko name, even if it not the brother that immediately comes to mind. Eurasia Fight Nights announced that they would be interested in hosting Emelianenko’s return fight, particularly against UFC veteran Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva.
Silva, who lost a questionable unanimous decision in Yekaterinburg, Russia last week, later visited Moscow with the Fight Nights team and answered questions about the potential fight.
“To be honest, I almost do not know anything about [Fedor’s] brother,” Bigfoot told sovsports.ru. “I hear only what you have already said that he recently got out of prison. Fight? If there is an offer, we will certainly consider. But I can only wish him all the best, and to resume a career as soon as possible.”