Another UFC, another episode of the infamous and patented Care/Don't Care Preview. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, joins Kid Nate to look ahead to the fights and shoot the shit on a number of random topics.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
As always with the Care/Don't Care preview -- the caveat -- no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn't a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC's marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
Troubles with the player? Watch it on YouTube.
In this episode Nate & Eugene discuss:
- The proper pronunciation of Krakow.
- The Conspiraversies surrounding Masvidal vs Iaquinta.
- Simon and Garfunkel, the Graduate and Eugene's tattered punk creds....and Eugene's unabashed love for the Plasmatics.
- Eugene training with Polish fighters in Poland
- Confronting our own ugly racial biases.
- A lot of Don't Cares
- Eugene's continued, some would say naive, faith that someday a new Heavyweight menace will come slouching toward Jerusalem (sic)
- Everyone likes Seth Baczynski, hey someone we've heard of! Right here in Krakow!
- Joanne Calderwood won't let Eugene down again will she?
- Who was a bad husband?
- Cuckolding the bass player....is it really even wrong?
- When's Jimi Manuwa coming to the States?
- All the things we were more worried about than Cro Cop returning to the UFC.
- Some of our scumbag "friends" and their various sleazy antics
- Much much more