Another of our infamous and patented Care/Don't Care Previews with me, Kid Nate and co-host extraordinaire Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking is here.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
Troubles with the player? Watch it on YouTube.
Interested in audio only? The mp3 is available on SoundCloud.
As always with the Care/Don't Care preview -- the caveat -- no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn't a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC's marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
Today Kid Nate and Eugene discuss:
- Tons of random crap before we even get started on the fights including a nazi up on 300,000 counts of accessory to murder, drugs and the usual uncomfortable sexual speculation
- The collapse of the card (Nate incorrectly blames Renan Barao for the Dillashaw cancellation when it was TJ's injury that killed the fight)
- Marie Letourneau's forbidden love for a student (Valerie Letourneau is on the card, see the connection?)
- Joe Riggs and the art of shooting yourself while cleaning a fire arm
- The alleged "famous in Montreal" celebrity status of Patrick Cote, whom Eugene may or may not have once hung out with
- We bid on each fight on the PPV card to get to the magic $65 number
- How much better John Makdessi vs Abel Trujillo would have been than Makdessi vs. Shane Campbell
- The nature of GICTS (Guy I Can't Trust) and how you can't pick 'em and can't pick against 'em, in this instance C.B. Dollaway
- Hating Michael Bisping but still kinda liking him
- Whether or not Rampage Jackson is so shot that Fabio Maldonado has a chance
- Will losing to Demetrious Johnson enhance or diminish Kyoji Horiguchi?
- Much much more