The hearing for Bellator MMA's lawsuit against Quinton Jackson took place today in New Jersey, with the Viacom-owned promotion aiming to block "Rampage" from competing on the upcoming UFC 186 co-main event vs. Fabio Maldonado. Presiding state Superior Court judge Karen L. Suter opted to postpone her verdict to Tuesday at 10 AM ET, according to MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani:
The Rampage Jackson hearing in NJ has concluded. According to sources, the judge said she will render her verdict at 10 am ET on Tuesday.— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) April 2, 2015
I'm told at this time Team Jackson would be very surprised if they lost. They feel like they presented a strong case throughout the hearing.— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) April 2, 2015
Bellator filed an injunction last month, citing a breach of their exclusive contract by Jackson who abruptly left the promotion last December and re-joined the UFC. Jackson's explanation for leaving Bellator claimed an unresolved contract dispute between the two parties, and that he was free to terminate his contract after the 45-day negotiating window had expired. Rampage had 3 fights left on his Bellator contract at the time of his decision, and the promotion aims to have him fulfill his contractual obligations.
So we'll just have to wait a few more days to see whether or not Bellator wins the case and UFC 186 loses yet another marquee fighter, or if Rampage will be free to return to the Octagon later this month.