Inside the Guard welcomes in Connor Ruebusch to talk over UFC 185, which down last Saturday in Dallas, Texas. Two new champions were crowned as Rafael dos Anjos and Joanna Jedrzejczyk both delivered one sided beatings to the defending champions.
T.P. and Connor talk over:
- How new Lightweight Champion Rafael dos Anjos used his pressure fighting style to unravel the outfighting of Anthony Pettis
- The influence of Rafael Corderio on dos Anjos
- Underlying problems with Anthony Pettis that were brought to the forefront in the fight
- Jedrzejczyk's perfect performance
- Thoughts on Sergio Pettis' chin problem and Joe Duffy's debut
No in-depth breakdowns this time around but some really good discussion on MMA metagames and approaches to fighting.