her installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse has arrived. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate's counterpart for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
Troubles with the player? Watch it on YouTube.
Download the audio only version here. UFC 185 Care/Don't Care Preview Mp3
As always with the Care/Don't Care preview -- the caveat -- no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn't a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC's marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
Today Kid Nate and Eugene discuss:
- Last week's incredible lost show including numerous farcical claims as to what happened therein
- Eugene's home team booster care for Germaine de Randamie and Nate's principled stand
- Why is Sergio Pettis still on FightPass and is he the Linda McCartney of MMA? The Bill Carter?
- Other dated references including a discussion of American composer Aaron Copeland
- Jared Rosholt and the money Team Takedown has lost on him
- Can Daron Cruickshank change the game?
- We have no cares left for Sam Stout but Ross Pearson hangs on
- Chris Cariaso weaves a spell of enchantment on Eugene
- Henry Cejudo's manifold failings
- Will Roy Nelson KTFO Alistair Overeem? Does Texas' lax regulation mean the Reem might be back?
- Is Johny Hendricks done? Is Matt Brown capable of beating even a demoralized Hendricks?
- No one can pronounce Joanna Jędrzejczyk
- Eugene says some things about his polish teacher he might regret
- Guess who's rooting against Anthony Pettis?
- Some Frank Sinatra story I could've Donna Shalala'd
- Much much more