Another installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse has arrived. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate's counterpart for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
Troubles with the player? Watch it on YouTube.
Just want to listen? Here's the audio link: Care/Don't Care Preview - UFC Fight Night: Bigfoot vs. Mir AUDIO ONLY
As always with the Care/Don't Care preview -- the caveat -- no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn't a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC's marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
Today Kid Nate and Eugene discuss:
- Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White's press conference yesterday to announce the new UFC drug testing policy
- Lots of extra stories but limited nazi mentions
- Drug testing the MMA media
- Santiago Ponzinibbio and why MMA media hates the poor guy
- How TJ Waldburger became a care by getting KTFO'd
- The mysterious badassery of Jéssica Andrade (mysterious because we couldn't remember her training camp)
- We're pretty sure that Iuri Alcantara is the better Alcantara brother
- Is this a come back or a last chance for Rustam Khabilov
- Bendo's toothpick and why Eugene thinks it's stupid
- Vigilant white neighbors
- Is Edson Barboza someone fighters can get over on?
- Michael Johnson, Don Johnson, Dakota Johnson and an unfortunate digression about 50 Shades of Gray
- How done is Frank Mir and why is he still fighting?
- Much much more