arrived. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate's counterpart for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
Want the .mp3 version? Here's the audio only link: Care/Don't Care: Fight Night Broomfield AUDIO ONLY
Troubles with the player? Watch it on YouTube.
As always with the Care/Don't Care preview -- the caveat -- no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn't a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC's marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
Today Kid Nate and Eugene discuss:
- The conflict between watching a mediocre UFC Fight Night Care or taking your SO out for Valentine's Day.
- Guys who can get away with the former.
- An amazing variety of non-MMA topics including nazis (of course), punk rock riots, polite disses from British musicians and Eugene reveals which 80s British rocker is rumored to be the toughest street fighter
- Melvin Manhoef vs Alexander Shlemenko
- Scott Coker vs. the ghost of Dana White
- The historic recent ineptitude of the NAC
- Anomie, ennui and other plagues afflicting the discerning MMA fan
- The great names of UFC Fight Pass openers Moontasri vs Pfister
- The hype around Jim Alers
- Is Zach Makovsky being sent a message?
- Nik Lentz against the fence
- Neil Magny and the allure of the familiar
- Max Holloway vs Cole Miller, Hawaii vs Georgia
- Benson Henderson moves up to WW.
- Much much more