It's time for another of our infamous and patented Care/Don't Care Previews with me, Kid Nate and co-host extraordinaire Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking is here.
Topics addressed include:
- The proper pronunciation of Munhoz, as in Pedro Munhoz, as in is it Moon-hoes or some sort of Brazilian melange of dipthongs?
- Clay Guida vs Thiago Tavares....who's bringing more of the sad?
- Yan Cabral....has the hype penetrated our solipsism? Is there hype?
- Gleison Tibau vs Abel Trujillo....root for the boring guy or the objectively bad guy?
- Fabio Maldonado's knee surgery and who sticks with their friends through thick and thin
- Eugene climbing in a friend's window to settle a score
- The correct pronunciation of Piotr Hallman ie Eugene shows off his Polish
- Glover Teixeira, can he fight off his back?
- Will Pat Cummins put him there?
- Vitor Belfort and his new approach to PR
- Who's more shot Vitor or Hendo?
- Much much more!
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
If you prefer audio-only, listen to, or download it on the SoundCloud and be sure to subscribe to MMA Nation on iTunes.
As always with the Care/Don't Care preview -- the caveat -- no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn't a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC's marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.