It's time for another of our infamous and patented Care/Don't Care Previews with me, Kid Nate and co-host extraordinaire Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking is here.
Topics addressed include:
- The case of the one card, two fighters named Dong Hyun Kim
- A care free undercard
- The early start time for California fans
- Leo Kuntz and his unfortunately amusing last name
- Robert Heinlein vs Philip K. Dick
- The awfulness of UFC Monterrey
- Albanian gangsters
- Kid Nate's high school recipe for romance
- "Friends" of Eugene's
- Yoshihiro Akiyama and the fan boy love that never die
- Dominic vs Dominique as men's names
- Benson Henderson vs Jorge Masvidal and the high likelihood a staring contest breaks out
- Much much more!
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
If you prefer, the audio only version is on SoundCloud, and be sure to subscribe to MMA Nation on iTunes.
As always with the Care/Don't Care preview -- the caveat -- no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn't a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC's marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.