It's finally here!
Another installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse has arrived. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate's counterpart for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
As always with the Care/Don't Care preview -- the caveat -- no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn't a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC's marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
Troubles with the player? Watch it on YouTube.
Today Kid Nate and Eugene discuss:
- Swedish death metal vs Florida death metal vs Norwegian black metal
- Nikita Krylov's move down to Light Heavyweight, Al Capone and all the things we love about Nikita
- Nate vaguely remembering Neil Seery for some reason
- Gang bangs, don't accept that invitation
- Andy Ogle....boring or what?
- Kenny Robertson's near care status plus Kenny Rodgers, the Gambler etc
- How did Akira Corassani vs Sam Sicilia get on Fox?
- Nate's sober analytical pick-making in Phil Davis vs Ryan Bader vs. Eugene's frankly nepotistic approach
- Dan Henderson....should we be dreading his fight with Gegard Mousasi or what?
- Alexander Gustafsson's alleged criminal record
- Anthony Johnson's alleged criminal record
- Nate tricks Eugene into picking Gus....or does he?
- Much much more