As we first reported earlier this year, unbeaten prospect Lowen Tynanes, was stuck in a lengthy contract dispute with King of the Cage over a forged 3-year deal with the promotion. After a very impressive start to his career that saw him break out and finish stars from ONE FC and URCC such as Vuyisile Colossa and Eduard Folayang, this contractual issue has kept him out of competition since May 2013 and had him vacate his KOTC 160 lb title in the process.
Things have progressed lately though, and as we has learned on Tuesday evening, the two parties have made amends and have struck a shorter deal to move forward from their situation. After finding middle ground with this new agreement, Tynanes will finally be able to return to the cage and look to continue a career that already had him recognized as one of the top prospects in the sport.
KOTC champ Tynanes in dispute over forged contract
Unbeaten KOTC champ and ONE FC contender, Lowen Tynanes is mired in a contract dispute with King of the Cage stemming from an alleged forged contract that locks up the fighter for 3 years.
As we're told, the talented Hawaiian will be competing at KOTC's October 2nd event in San Manuel, California. He will be facing Victor Meza (13-3), the current KOTC lightweight champion and brother of UFC bantamweight Yaotzin Meza.
"All the drama is finally over! We worked out a short term deal with KOTC, so I can get back doing what I love," Tynanes told BloodyElbow.com.
Although unable to compete during his time off, Tynanes has been keeping active, training with the likes of Max Holloway and Russell Doane and was recently flown in as a training partner during B.J. Penn's last fight.
Follow me on twitter -- @antontabuena