Another installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse has arrived. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate's counterpart for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
Troubles with the player? Watch it on YouTube.
As always with the Care/Don't Care preview -- the caveat -- no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn't a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC's marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
Today Kid Nate and Eugene discuss:
- The stacked UFC 178 card top to bottom. Great card that gets all but one Cares from Eugene and only two fights fail to raise Nate's pulse -- one of them unfortunately being the main event.
- Cat Zingano or Amanda Nunes, Eugene thinks one of them will be the test that makes Ronda Rousey great.
- Eddie Alvarez' bad karma, bad mojo and Donald Cerrone's desire to crap in the cupcakes.
- Conor McGregor is selling and we're both buying -- hype that is.
- Patrick Cote and Manny Gamburyan -- too much bad mojo for one card?
- Stephen Thompson and the Dim Mak death touch
- A variety of conspiraversies
- Many more digressions than usual including: Eugene as white knight, Eugene as victim of sexual harassment, the gang in Goodfellas being much scarier in real life, Eugene remembering the band name he forgot in the last episode of Knuckle UP and much much more