Another installment of the infamous and patened Care/Don't Care UFC Preview has arrived. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate's counterpart for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
If you have issues with the video embed here you can always watch it on YouTube.
Please note that the "care/don't care preview" is in no way intended to disrespect the fighters in question and is merely our attempt to evaluate the marketing efforts on behalf of said fighters by the UFC and their management.
Today Kid Nate and Eugene discuss:
- A long unbroken series of "don't care" fights on the prelims
- Eugene's misapprehension that Dennis Bermudez -- he of the 5 fight winning streak -- is in danger of being cut
- Kevin Gastelum's fire inside the Octagon vs. Rick Story's proven bad-assery
- OSP vs Krylov and the quiet prejudice of low expectations
- Some of the awful people Eugene is willing to claim as friends including a professional corporate narc and a former Under-Secretary of Defense in the
firstsecond Bush administration
- Kid Nate teases but doesn't tell his Ketamine anecdote
- Jake Shields and steroids and Jake's future outside the UFC
- Eugene's inexplicably hilarious "guy getting the Joe Silva cold shoulder" voice
- Diego Sanchez, stevia and saliva and which one works and which one is an herbal sugar substitute
- Eugene's grudge against Carlos Condit for his "unvalorous" behavior against Nick Diaz
- Eugene's skeptical cop voice
- Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler -- 'nuff said