Following the dramatic flame out of former UFC Light Heavyweight Thiago Silva, who's in a Florida jail facing multiple felony charges, Nikita Krylov has been tapped to face Ovince St. Preux at UFC 171 on March 15 in Dallas, Texas.
The 21-year-old Krylov (16-3, 1-1 UFC) is coming off a dramatic first round KO win over Walt Harris at UFC on Fox 10. He'll be fighting at Light Heavyweight for the first time in his career but he's always been a very small Heavyweight. St-Preux (14-5, 2-0 UFC) was pushed heavily as a prospect in Strikeforce until he dropped a unanimous decision to Gegard Mousasi. Since then he's bounced back nicely with three straight wins.
- Jim Miller vs. Bobby Green agreed to for UFC 172
- Judo Grand Slam Paris 2014 Day 1 Finals Live Stream and Discussion Thread
- UFC 172: Jon Jones still looking to create his masterpiece against Glover Teixeira
- MMA 3-Way: What MMA fighters best represent individual styles of martial arts?
- Pablo Popovitch releases statement following violent incident with Thiago Silva