While we typically focus on the "mixed" aspect, singular martial arts styles have permeated MMA from the beginning and still do in lesser but varying degrees.
The Bloody Elbow fight nerds -- Dallas Winston, Connor Ruebusch and Zane Simon -- tone down the typical goofiness and stay semi-serious throughout a nearly two-hour-long discussion over which fighters best represent a singular style of martial arts in today's landscape. Obvious examples include the boxing of Junior dos Santos, Lyoto Machida's karate style and Demian Maia's Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu wizardry, yet the trio launches into great detail with their lengthy list of suggestions, covering submission wrestling, submission grappling, wrestle-boxing, Judo, Sambo and more. Overall, this is more of a no bullshit, hardcore fight-talk session to balance out our more lighthearted episodes.
- MMA on Instagram: A Camel, Dogs, The Olympic Torch and a Super Bowl
- Thiago Silva police report details Silva sticking gun in wife's mouth, threats to shoot everyone in gym
- Dana White: Thiago Silva will never fight in the UFC again
- Luke Thomas responds to justifications about UFC fighter Bubba McDaniel's salary
- MMA Beat: Aldo vs Pettis? Overeem, Rumble Johnson returns to the UFC, CM Punk vs Power Ranger
This poll is closed
Detailed fight talk is refreshing; do more
Needs more tomfoolery; won't listen again