These are "fights for your friends". These are fights for the MMA casual or newbie. Fights that will keep the most A.D.D.'d out friend you have in a state of attention. This is casual fight night.
You've heard the complaints of saturation and a diminished product. This is true. No complaint here. But on these diminished cards, there are still great fights, that I believe are being missed. And here they are in one fancy list for the not-so-hardcore.
"It's a recommendation... recommendation"
Tarec Saffiedine vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
- An absolute war
- The leg kicks Lim was taking and still fighting
- Lim screaming and moving forward
- And culminating in round 5 with a last ditch effort from Lim
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Sean Soriano (mostly for the interview)
- The fight was meh... Kawajiri got a decent finish on an overmatched opponent
- This must be shown with the interview. Rule.
- Fantastic stand up battle
- That liver shot, spinning back kick combo. Good Lord
Russell Doane vs. Leandro Issa
- A dude gets hurt. Recovers. Then, the BJJ black belt gets choked out in a buzzer beater submission, falling ever so graciously.
Luke Rockhold vs. Costa Philippou
- Body kicks to death on a dude that looks like he could be a plumber, own a pizza shop or a "Mario" brother
- Romero possibly excreted literal fecal matter in his pants whilst beating the figurative fecal matter out of Brunson
- Just a masters class on actually trying to finish the fight when you're down on the score cards
- Two super buff guys that are pretty fast and have pretty decent cardio
- Recommended ++++++ especially that round 3... maybe find a picture of Romero possibly "wetting the bed"
Louis Smolka vs. Alptekiz Ozkillic
- Beautiful fight between two flyweights
- Both showed a lot of heart
- If your friend likes this fight, I'd say he's a good candidate for some more MMA in the future
Beneil Dariush vs. Charlie Brennenman
- A white guy with an afro-ish, comical hairstyle getting dropped and submitted? Yes, please.
- The look on Brennenman's face is a little depressing after, however
Benson Henderson vs. Josh Thompson
- This applies for any of the fights, but this fight didn't suck, and I bet at least one of your friends is interested in Benson or the dude that KTFO of Nate Diaz
- Redacted. Just show them this
Donald Cerrone vs. Adriana Martins
- Awesome headkick knockout from a cowboy
Alex Caceres vs. Sergio Pettis
- Bruce Leroy and Anthony Pettis' brother, who looks just like him
- I'd pick this as my fight of the year so far, to be honest
- A fantastic, fantastic example of MMA at it's finest
- You had grappling, fluid striking from both... a smaller guy countering the longer bigger fighter
- The less technical fighter dropping the other
- And a beautiful last ditch submission effort to solidify the win of what was bound to be a close decision
- This is MMA. recommend + + + ++ + +
Daron Cruickshank vs. Mike Rio
- Man, if you don't like this fight... you don't like MMA entertainment
- Cruickshank's kicks really make him the Detroit Superstar
- This fight should get people out of their seats
Nikita Krylov vs. Walt Harris
- Just a quick display of violence from two heavyweights