other installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse has arrived. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate's counterpart for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
Troubles with the player?Watch it on YouTube.
As always with the Care/Don't Care preview -- the caveat -- no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn't a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC's marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
Today Kid Nate and Eugene discuss:
- The fights!
- Clay Collard "Greens" vs "Cassius" Clay Collard
- Sergio Pettis and handling a budding star
- Josh Samman's rough year and whether Eddie Gordan is the kind of unfeeling brute who won't care.
- Corey Anderson's incredible nickname -- Beastin 25/8
- Nate stomps on Eugene's Urijah Faber joke
- Hitler's escape to Brazil
- St. Todd Duffee and the two St. Eugenes
- Brendan Schaub and the karma of stalling
- Is Gilbert Melendez SoCal or NoCal?
- The Duke Roufus scandals and Anthony Pettis
- Nate vs. Eugene on which champ is better for the LW and the WW division
- Johny Hendricks' lack of personality
- Robbie Lawler and the second place mentality
- Eugene vs the Misfits and the Meatment