Another installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse has arrived. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate's counterpart for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
Troubles with the player? Watch it on YouTube.
As always with the Care/Don't Care preview -- the caveat -- no disrespect is intended to the fighters. This isn't a commentary on the skill, heart or entertainment potential of any fighter, just a commentary on the UFC's marketing of said fighters and whether or not any anticipation has been built for the fight.
On this episode Nate & Eugene discuss:
- Can Eugene still hold on to his grudge against Michael Bisping even though it's been years and years since the Matt Hamill fight?
- How Luke Rockhold's inability to compete verbally with Bisping means he HAS to get the KO.
- The implications of Shogun vs. OSP, none of them good, for anyone
- How it's always Festivus for Eugene
- Being married to Gabi Garcia.
- Will Nate root for any English fighter ever?
- The risks of partying with Uncle Creepy, MMA's own Andy Dick
- Dating a prostitute
- Carrying a cane as an asset and a liability in high school/at a high school reunion
- Nate plugs his personal Tumblr about idiots and tigers
- Much much more.