UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz, was arrested last night following a one-car pileup on a Los Angeles freeway in the early morning hours. KTLA has the story:
The popular athlete, whose birth name is Jacob Christopher Ortiz, was taken into custody around 4:00 a.m. after a single-car collision near of on the 405 Freeway near Sepulveda and Santa Monica boulevards, the CHP said.
"Ortiz was driving northbound on the I-405 when he lost control of his vehicle and struck the concrete center median," the press release said.
Ortiz signed with Bellator last year and was set to fight Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in that promotion's first pay-per-view. That event was moved to free TV when Ortiz suffered a broken neck in training.
He is also managing the career of former women's Strikeforce champ Cris Cyborg and has been going through a messy break up with his porn legend spouse Jenna Jameson.
Rest assured Bloody Elbow will keep you updated on this important story.
- UFC middleweight champ Weidman objects to Belfort's testosterone use
- The 20 Greatest Wrestling Matches Between Future MMA Stars
- The 20 Greatest Wrestling Matches Between Future MMA Stars, Part 1: 20-17
- T.J. Dillashaw looks at the positives of loss in last fight heading into UFC Fight Night 35
- Glory Superfight Series Tokyo: Free fight videos now available online from Glory 13