We have ourselves yet another fight announcement for an upcoming UFC PPV. Fox Sports says flyweights Zach Makovsky and Josh Sampo have verbally agreed to a February 22nd clash in Sin City as part of UFC 170: Rousey vs. McMann.
Makovsky (17-4) stepped in on 10 days notice to fight Scott Jorgensen at UFC on Fox 9 in Sacramento, having just captured the RFA Flyweight Championship on November 22nd. "Fun Size" was able to get the upset win over the veteran Jorgensen, thus keeping his perfect record at 125 lbs (3-0).
Sampo (11-2) fought fellow newcomer Ryan Benoit on the preliminary card of the TUF 18 Finale to close out November. While Sampo won by submission and took part in the eventual Fight of the Night, his $50,000 bonus went to Benoit as a result of missing weight.
UFC 170 is headlined by Ronda Rousey against Sara McMann for the women's bantamweight title, while Daniel Cormier makes his 205 lbs debut against Rashad Evans. Rory MacDonald battles Demian Maia in an important welterweight affair, plus Rafael dos Anjos takes on
Khabib Nurmagomedov Rustam Khabilov.
- Conor Heun details struggles with UFC insurance policy
- UFC: Michael Bisping 'I know I can mop the floor with Kennedy and that's what I'm going to do'
- UFC Fight Night 34: Saffiedine vs. Lim Post-Fight Press Conference Photos and Quotes
- UFC Fight Night 34 Saffiedine vs Lim: Sunday Perspective
- UFC Fight Night 34: Saffiedine vs. Lim - Winners and Losers