It can't be helped, but it feels like information is missing when I learn that Anderson Silva is pressing charges against a woman for slandering him on Twitter. Nonetheless, that appears to be where we find ourselves with the former middleweight champion. Guilherme Cruz of MMA Fighting has the report after speaking with the Chief of Police in Pinhais, Brazil.
"We're still investigating to get her name, address and phone," Magalhaes told Globo. "It's a 40-year-old woman who wrote on the internet, in a social media, several phrases, including ‘Brazil will see the idol and rotten that you are'."
In an interview with a local radio station, Magalhaes said the woman also called Silva a "s---ty idol."
Apparently the woman could face up to six months in jail or, more likely, a hefty fine. Either way it seems a pretty hard price to pay for a couple of rude comments. Stay tuned as we'll be sure to keep you updated.
- Hindsight: UFC on Fox 10 in retrospect
- Pacquiao vs. Bradley II full fight coverage: Preview, video, live streaming results for April 12 PPV
- Pacquiao vs. Bradley II set for April 12 live on HBO PPV
- UFC on Fox: Who did most to finish in Benson Henderson vs Josh Thomson?
- Bloody Elbow Open Mat: Where are all the Sweeps?