Rony Jason suffered his first UFC loss the last time he made the trip to the octagon, and the TUF Brazil 1 featherweight winner will be looking to get back on the winning track on March 23rd. On that day, he'll take on Steven Siler at UFC Fight Night 38 in Natal. MMA Fighting's Guilherme Cruz broke the news earlier today.
Jason (13-4) defeated Godofredo Pepey to take the TUF Brazil 1 title, then took out Sam Sicilia and Mike Wilkinson. But in his last bout he was knocked out in 40 seconds by Jeremy Stephens.
Siler (23-11) had a two-fight winning streak stopped when he dropped a unanimous decision to Dennis Bernudez at UFC Fight for the Troops 3 in November. He's 5-2 overall in the UFC.
The fight is expected to take place on the main card of the event. The headliner will likely be the rematch between light heavyweight Mauricio Rua and Dan Henderson.
- Searching for Future Champions: MMA's Top 25 Prospects, #9 - Marif Piraev
- Glenn Robinson talks Alistair Overeem leaving the Blackzillians
- Nick Newell to get WSOF title shot against Justin Gaethje
- With Bellator's Rebney 'not interested in callouts,' WSOF VP calls him a 'candyass'
- Garcia vs Burgos: Full fight coverage of Mikey Garcia vs Juan Carlos Burgos on HBO Boxing