UFC Fight Night 35 is in the books, and while decisions ruled the day in Duluth, Georgia (8 out of the night's 12 bouts went the distance), all post-event bonus winners took part in a bout that resulted in a finish. The UFC confirmed $50,000 bonuses for the following combatants this evening:
- Fight of the Night: Yoel Romero def. Derek Brunson via TKO (strikes) at 3:23, round 3.
- Knockout of the Night: Luke Rockhold def. Constantinos Philippou via body kicks at 2:31, round 1.
- Submission of the Night: Cole Miller def. Sam Sicilia by rear-naked choke at 1:54, round 2.
It's Romero's first FOTN bonus and he improves to 3-0 in the UFC. He's the first fighter in UFC history to win consecutive bouts by 3rd round KO/TKO. No doubt it was a tough loss for Brunson, who took several unnecessary elbows to the body while referee Blake Grice repeatedly yelled "fight back" about 750 times before finally stopping the contest. He does pick up his first ever UFC post-fight award and put in another good performance.
Rockhold gets his first UFC win and his first $50,000 bonus at the expense of Philippou, who was finished for the first time in his MMA career.
Cole Miller scored his first finish as a UFC featherweight and his 4th overall SOTN award. "Magrinho" has won 7 career UFC fights by submission, and with another win he'd have his first 3 fight win streak in his 7 year UFC tenure. Sicilia was on the wrong end of Rony Jason's KOTN bonus at UFC 153 and now he's on the losing side of SOTN against Miller.
More from Bloody Elbow
- UFC Fight Night 35 results: T.J. Dillashaw vs. Mike Easton full fight video highlights
- UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs. Philippou - Results and post-fight analysis
- UFC Fight Night 35 video highlights
- UFC Fight Night 35 results: Derek Brunson vs. Yoel Romero full fight video highlights
- Social media amused by grisly stain in Yoel Romero's pants at UFC Fight Night 35