Saturday September 28, Bloody Elbow presents live fight coverage of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Bryan Vera and Adonis Stevenson vs. Tavoris Cloud in a big double-header. HBO World Championship Boxing Chavez vs Vera airs live this Saturday, September 28 with a fight time of 10:15 p.m. ET / PT. Bloody Elbow will have live fight coverage, including results and discussion.
Today we get everything set with the weigh-ins for the weekend's main boxing attraction - Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Bryan Vera. And folks, this is a weigh-in you're going to want to pay attention to. Weight has long been an area of concern for Chavez, and it has become a huge factor in this fight.
The Chavez vs Vera weigh-ins begin at 6:00 p.m. ET.
Originally, the fight was planned at 162 pounds. It was then changed at the insistence of the Chavez camp to 168. Now, it looks like Chavez is unable to make 168, and sources are reporting that when both men take the scales today, it will be announced that the posts have once again been moved and the fight is now at a Catchweight of 173 pounds. Presumably, if they move it up enough, Chavez will indeed be able to make weight, but we'll have to see.
More Chavez vs. Vera coverage:Bloody Elbow | Bad Left Hook
It's a ridiculous situation overall, with the often unreliable Chavez once again displaying a distinct lack of professionalism or respect for his opponent, while Top Rank bends over backwards to accommodate him.
See how it all plays out live today at the weigh-ins, then join us here at Bloody Elbow Saturday night for HBO Boxing Chavez vs Vera live fight night coverage.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC 168: Chris Weidman - People make excuses for Anderson Silva
- Dana White says Ken Shamrock owes him $175,000 in attorney fees
- Glover Teixeira on potential Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson rematch: 'It's really upsetting to me'
- Dana White has Jones, Silva, St. Pierre, Barao and Aldo as top five pound-for-pound
- Tito Ortiz tries to organize 'Expendables' gang of UFC Hall of Famers to crash 20th anniversary UFC