He's the champion of the UFC's Light Heavyweight division. He wears the belt once worn by Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Quinton Jackson, Forrest Griffin. But something's missing. Jon Jones is anything but the kind of beloved superstar those ex-champions personified.
Dana White talked to Gareth Davies about Jones:
"Fighters are what they are," says White. "Jon Jones comes off as a heel because people don't like him. For whatever reason people don't like him, you know....
"There's plenty of black fighters. People loved Rampage. People love Anderson. I don't think it's a black or a white thing. I think its something about his personality that people don't like."
Jones faces Alexander Gustafsson tomorrow at UFC 165 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
SBN coverage of UFC 165: Jones vs. Gustafsson
More from Bloody Elbow:
- 2013 FILA World Championships of Wrestling Day 5 Live Video Stream
- UFC 165: Pat Healy 'I feel like they're treating it as if I won, and the no contest didn't take too much from me'
- Dominick Cruz maybe stripped of UFC title if he can't fight in early 2014
- Dana White on Chael Sonnen's Fox Sports Live domestic violence joke: 'He's got to knock that s**t off'
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez sets new PPV record