It's time for another international TUF. Running practically in parallel to TUF China, MMASun reports that TUF Nations will feature welterweights and middleweights. Team Australia will be coached by Kyle Noke and team Canada will be coached by Patrick Cote. The first episode will premiere on January 15th on Fox Sports 1.
Obviously there's one fighter missing here, so we'll still have to wait to know just who everyone on the show will be. Of the current competitors there are a few notable fighters; Kajan Johnson and Nordine Taleb are both Tristar fighters and Taleb has competed regularly for Bellator in the past (his last fight was a loss to Marius Zaromskis). Luke Harris has been a regular for the MFC at middleweight. And Tyler Manawaroa is a training partner of Kyle Noke and only 19 years old.
All told, it's not a bad cast, it's just too bad that it's adding depth to divisions that don't really need it. A couple more Middleweights wouldn't be a bad thing, but any welterweight that enters the UFC is very much a small fish in a large ocean. Stay tuned to Bloody Elbow for more updates and news as well as fight breakdowns and card changes for UFC Fight Night 33 in Brisbane this Saturday.
- UFC Fight Night 33: Hunt vs. Bigfoot - Previews and pre-fight coverage, weigh-ins, odds, predictions, more
- UFC Fight Night 33: Hunt vs. Bigfoot - Care/Don't Care Preview with Eugene & Nate
- Interview Exclusive: Al Bernstein on state of boxing, Mike Tyson, Pacman, PBF
- Rape, assault, coercion: Stories from inside Team Lloyd Irvin
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rustam Khabilov reportedly added to UFC 170