Former Pride, Affliction, Strikeforce, RINGS and Bodog Fight star Fedor Emelianenko makes his UFC 166 prediction and reveals why he never signed with the UFC in this video by Whoa! TV.
Fedor blames the personal animus he felt coming from Dana White for the failure of negotiations to bring him to the UFC.
"In my opinion, everything was in Dana White's hands,' says Emelianenko. "Because at that moment, I just felt like 'this guy, he just hates us.' Like, personally to [me]. There were insults coming from Dana White all the time. There were many very loud things said, but for real nothing happened. It was [all talk]."
As for UFC 166, put Fedor down in the Cain Velasquez column:
"If Velasquez is going to stick to his usual gameplan, he's going to come out the winner," said Emelianenko. "His biggest advantage is that he can transition, he can switch from one [phase] to another. He's a thinking fighter."
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Jon Jones felt Super Bowl weekend fight was 'rushing a bit'
- Yushin Okami signs with World Series of Fighting
- UFC 166: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos 3 fight card
- Daily MMA 10/13: Glory 11 highlights, Bellator 103 fight videos, Holly Holm's KO
- Bound by Blood documentary on Frank Shamrock worth a watch