Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez met Saturday night in Las Vegas, NV. After twelve rounds, Bradley edged out Marquez to take the split decision on the judges' cards.
Bradley was coming off a unanimous decision Ruslan Provodnikov and a 5-fight win streak. Prior to the fight with Ruslan, he took a career defining and controversial split decision over Manny Pacquiao. Marquez was coming off his own most recent meeting with Pacquiao. The two had met 3 times prior with Pac getting the nod each time, but in their fourth match, Marquez starched Pac with a vicious right counter to earn a KO victory.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Daniel Cormier confirms drop to 205 after Nelson fight, win or lose
- Ex-coach says Palhares consistently hurt sparring partners
- Glory 11 preview and predictions: What to expect from Glory 11 Chicago debut on Spike TV
- Bellator adds ex-UFC fighters Terry Etim, Mike Guymon to November 2nd PPV card
- Video: Rousimar Palhares responds to being cut from the UFC, explains why he held submission so long