In the third fight on the Facebook portion of the UFC 134 card, things are pretty similar to the fight before this. A highly-touted Brazilian prospect will meet a tough Brazilian veteran, and they'll both be making their UFC debuts. Erick Silva (12-1, 0-0 UFC) will try to live up to being BE's # 3-ranked welterweight prospect when he faces Nova Uniao fighter Luis Ramos (19-6, 0-0 UFC).
Neither fighter is currently ranked in the USA Today/BE Consensus Rankings, although it wouldn't surprise me if Erick Silva's name graced the fancy list pretty soon. This welterweight UFC 134 fight will take place on the preliminary card, which will be streamed live on Facebook. The Facebook stream begins at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT.
How do these two stack up?
Silva: 27 years old | 5'11" | Unknown reach
Ramos: 30 years old | 5'8" | Unknown reach
What have these two done recently?
Silva: W - Francisco Ayon (SUB) | W - Gil de Freitas (SUB) | W - Jose Gomes de Ribamar (TKO)
Ramos: W - Dimitri Burgos (SUB) | W- Mauro Chimento (TKO) | W - Edval Pedroso (UD)
How did these two get here?
Erick "Indio" Silva is a black belt in both judo and BJJ and has only been defeated once in his 13-fight career. The Team Nogueira fighter has a very well-rounded game and is comfortable anywhere the fight goes. He was the winner of the Jungle Fight welterweight grand prix, which he capped off with a 67-second submission win in the finals. He is the current Jungle Fights welterweight champion. Silva was originally scheduled to face UFC veteran Mike Swick, but Swick was forced out of the fight with a knee injury.
Luis "Beicao" Ramos is the current Shooto Brazil welterweight (168 lb.) champion and has won six out of his last seven fights. His only loss was to UFC veteran Roan Carneiro in the first round of the United Glory welterweight tournament. 11 of his 19 wins have come via decision, and he has only been finished once in his 25-fight career. Ramos took this fight on just three weeks notice as a late replacement for Mike Swick.
Why should you care?
Silva could be one of the brightest prospects at welterweight, and he will likely be putting on a show in this fight. Come see what all of Leland's fuss is about.
More UFC 134 Previews From Bloody Elbow After the Jump
- Bloody Elbow Staff Predictions for UFC 134
- Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami Preview - Leland Roling
- Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami 1 Fight Video - Mike Fagan
- Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua vs. Forrest Griffin Preview - Leland Roling
- Brendan Schaub vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Dissection - Dallas Winston
- Ross Pearson vs Edson Barboza Dissection - Dallas Winston
- Luiz Cane vs. Stanislav Nedkov Dissection - Dallas Winston
- UFC 134 Celebrity Picks - Cove Reber vs. Natasha Wicks
- Spike TV Preliminary Card Dissection - Dallas Winston
- UFC 134: Rio - Facebook Preliminary Card Dissection - Dallas Winston
- UFC 134: Weigh-In Video Highlights