- Scott Coker announced the biggest news of the day when he revealed that Gina Carano pulled out of her June 18 date with Sarah D'Alelio. The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation added to the mess when they informed Loretta Hunt that Carano's medicals and had been "processed and approved." Early (and totally unfounded) speculation points to a pregnancy, and Coker's coy answers during today's conference call did nothing to dissuade those rumors. Carano, in a prepared statement, hoped that the situation would only be "a brief setback." Let's just say I've had to fund a few "brief setbacks" in my time.
- Speaking of women's MMA, Strikeforce 145-lb. champ Cris "Cyborg" Santos took home the gold at the Mundials in the female heavyweight purple belt division, which is a great way to spend the involuntary vacation Strikeforce has provided her with.
- Approaching a night that was supposed to center around him, Kid Nate looked at what might be Brock Lesnar's last appearances in the Octagon. I'm mostly upset that we might never see that handsome beard ever again.
- Matt Bishop chronicled Kenny Florian's journey to featherweight. No mention of his journey to the depravity of Bristol, Connecticut.
- Martin Kampmann pulled out of his UFC on Versus 4 bout with John Howard, and will be replaced by Matt Brown. It's always good to see the editor emeritus getting work.
- Nate, Fraser, and Dallas disappeared into a dark corner, and emerged with this Judo Chop.
Bloody Wraps - June 7: Up the Duff?
By Mike Fagan Updated