Akira Corassani faced off with Maximo Blanco on last night's The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale preliminary card, aired on Fox Sports 1. While Corassani had a knee and hand clearly on the mat, Blanco buried his knee into Akira's face that brought an end to the bout due to an intentional foul disqualification.
Corassani updated his injury via twitter earlier today, stating that his nose was broken in 5 places. He went on to state "The dizziness got worse gradually and I was rocked as hell. Truthfully I dont remember much..."
He posted a picture of the broken nose, apparently taken from his post-fight
MRI CT examination.
With the DQ win, Corassani is now 3-0 in the UFC.
- Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale Diaz vs Maynard Results: Sunday Perspective
- URCC 24 Results and Video: Eric Kelly submits Jianbo Lu early, Subora knocks out Valda
- Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale results: Winners and losers
- TUF 18 Finale results: Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard full fight video highlights
- TUF 18 Finale results: Performance bonuses go to Benoit, Diaz, Holdsworth