Anderson Silva lost to Chris Weidman for the second time, but the MMA fighter considered by most as the greatest of all time went down in such a sad and gruesome way from a freak injury. As he threw a powerful leg kick which was checked, Silva's leg shattered and wobbled as it broke.
Esther Lin of MMA Fighting has photos of the nasty injury, and you can check it all out above.
In what could be a career ending injury, it's such a sad way to see one of the most dominant figures in MMA history go out like that. Here's to hoping for a quick and full recovery for the long time middleweight champion.
- UFC 168: Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman full fight video highlights
- UFC 168: Weidman vs Silva II - Post-fight results and analysis
- UFC 168 video: Anderson Silva stretchered out of Octagon after horrific leg break
- UFC 168: Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate full fight video highlights
- UFC 168 results, post-fight press coverage, photos, videos, highlights, more