UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar airs tonight, February 2, 2012 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is a handy guide to all the legal online streams, television and mobile viewing options as well as a guide to bars showing the event.
UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar airs tonight, February 2, 2012 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The 5 main card fights will air on pay-per-view with portions of the preliminary card airing on FX TV and the remainder streaming live on Facebook.
The pay-per-view broadcast features a Featherweight title fight between champ Jose Aldo and former Lightweight champion Frankier Edgar as well as Light Heavyweights Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Heavyweights Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva, Welterweights Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia and Flyweights Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian McCall. This is the most-stacked UFC PPV card in some time. All 5 fights are relevant and promise to be entertaining. The PPV begins at 10 p.m. ET.
The FX broadcast starts at 8 p.m. ET and features four bouts: Lightweights Evan Dunham vs. Gleison Tibau, Jacob Volkmann vs. Bobby Green, Yves Edwards vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg and Welterweights Tyron Woodley vs. Jay Hieron.
- The night's action kicks off with three preliminary fights being featured on the UFC's Facebook page.The free prelim stream will kick off around 7 p.m. ET.
- They are also streaming the prelims on the UFC YouTube channel.
- The UFC has an online PPV available at UFC.tv.
- Yahoo! Sports offers an online PPV of the event as well which can be ordered directly from their event page.
- The UFC's UStream page also offers an option to stream the PPV online.
- YouTube is also an option for the online streaming PPV.
- Four preliminary bouts will play on FX TV starting at 8 p.m. ET
- Almost every major cable or satellite carrier offers the PPV's in standard definition and hi-def. A list of carriers is available here.
- Roku will be an option for watching the PPV on your TV.
- The PPV show will also stream on XBox live, providing yet another option if you don't have satellite or cable.
- The UFC has a list of all authorized bars and restaurants which will be showing the pay-per-view on a dedicated page.
- There's also an iPhone app for finding Sports Bars showing the UFC.
- If you're all out of other options but have an iPhone or Android phone you are able to order the PPV on either platform. The iPhone app can be located here with theAndroid app available here.