This latest video put out by EA Sports is arguably their most extensive look (thus far) at their upcoming UFC video game. Here, you'll see a preview of the new "Career Mode", which takes you through the TUF house on your way to becoming a UFC champion (or go bust... because I can't discount you being awful at the game).
Just a few highlights to share with you based on the footage:
- Create-a-fighter is your usual set of customizable appearances, right down to your eyes, tattoos, facial hair, etc.
- Once in the TUF house, you'll be able to improve your skills through training in the gym with real-life fighters as coaches, exactly as you see on television.
- Long-term, your career is affected by both your popularity (particularly exciting fights) and longevity (damage sustained). The higher your popularity is, the more sponsors you can unlock and wear their gear in-game. You'll even receive personalized messages from the likes of Jon Jones, Alexander Gustafsson, and Dana White.
- To add to the game's realism, there is a consequence to consistent beatings and KO defeats. Reckless fighting and racking up the damage will ultimately end your career if your "career longevity meter" continues to drop.
- "Evolution Points" are earned as you progress through the game, and those points can be used to upgrade fighter attributes, as well as purchase special moves such as Anthony Pettis' off-the-cage kick. "Experience Points" unlocks more abilities and once you gain enough XPs, you automatically level-up.