A rematch between Royler Gracie and Eddie Bravo has been talked about in the 10 years since their original meeting at the 2003 ADCC Submission Wrestling Championships. Coming in, Royler was a four-time black belt World Champion and three-time ADCC Champion, while Eddie was a relatively unknown brown belt. Those on the West coast of the United States likely had heard of Bravo, who was one of Jean Jacques Machado's stand out competitors at the time.
After his match with Royler Gracie, the whole Jiu Jitsu world knew Bravo's name as he locked up a triangle and became the first American to submit a Gracie in competition. Since then, Bravo has gone on to found his own school and style, 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, but has not competed since that 2003 tournament.
Royler retired from competition grappling after the match and focused on a short MMA career and teaching Jiu Jitsu. Royler has coached some of the most successful male and female Jiu Jitsu champions at his school Gracie Humaita.
This article includes a playlist that is a complete collection of all the promotional videos and countdown shows produced in the lead up.
Obviously, the countdown for Bravo and Gracie is there, but also included are countdown videos of:
- Multiple time Featherweight world champion Rafa Mendes taking on Middleweight Clark Gracie
- Young American super talent Keenan Cornelius facing former UFC fighter and ADCC Champion Vinny Magalhaes
- Current ADCC Champion and heel hook master Dean "The Boogyman" Lister taking on former UFC Light Heavyweight Reanto "Babalu" Sobral
- Multiple time World Champion and brother of Rafa Mendes, Gui Mendes will be attempting to submit Caio Terra trained young talent Samir Chantre
- And the card opens with a clash of young Americans Zak Maxwell and Sean Roberts
For more Bloody Elbow coverage of all things grappling, be sure to bookmark theBloody Elbow Grappling Hub and check out the Bloody Elbow Grappling link in the Library tab at the top of the page.